“Top 10” lists abound on the internet, but I wanted to put my own spin on the subject. Well, spoiler alert, there are WAY more than 10 greyt reasons to adopt a Greyhound, and I couldn’t get the list down to less than 11!
11. Greyhounds are affectionate and have a sweet and gentle nature with good manners.
10. Greyhounds require minimal grooming as they are very clean with no slobber or doggy smell.
9. Greyhounds make greyt apartment/city dogs as they are quiet and don’t need a fenced yard. A regular walk and some playtime will keep these gentle giants content.
8. Greyhounds are very sociable; they like pretty much everyone, and do fine with other dogs. Most are good with kids and cats as well.
7. Greyhounds are considered a healthy, robust and long-lived breed, with a typical lifespan of 10-12 years.
6. They are greyt for first time dog owners because they adapt easily to their new life, and adoption groups help adopters match a dog’s personality to their lifestyle.
5. Greyhounds’ big soft eyes look directly into your heart, making you feel that they understand you better than anyone in the world.
4. If you want more exercise, they are happy to accompany you, but are just as happy to curl up next to you on the sofa as you binge-watch Netflix.
3. Greyhounds are funny and playful. They make you laugh every day – more entertaining than TV!
2. When you adopt a Greyhound you immediately become part of a fabulous, supportive international community of Greyhound lovers.
1. They’re forever thankful to you for saving their lives, and will love you forever.To sum it up: you will never regret adopting a Greyhound – they will change your life for the better.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: adopt a Greyhound, greyhound, greyhound adoption, Greyhound Adoption Month, greyhound love, greyhounds, National Greyhound Adoption Month